Cliff Lots - Aquinnah Circle
The Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah) has an agreement with the Town of Aquinnah to lease five (5) lots at the Aquinnah Circle. WTGH(A) offers subleases on these lots to Tribal Members whose proposed business is accepted and approved by the Tribal Council.
This document provides answers to a collection of frequently asked questions about these lots.
Any person who is interested:
- Must be a Tribal Member.
- Must not already have a leased lot at the Cliffs, and must not have any other immediate family member holding a leased lot at the Cliffs.
- Must submit a proposal packet, containing the following (templates for all of the documents referenced below are available upon request):
- A formal letter of interest addressed to the Tribe.
- A brief, but succinct, business description/plan for use of the vacant lot that includes a description of the building to be built (if there is not an existing building).
- If the business is related to food/beverage, you must also provide an outline of menu items.
- While not required, a statement of commitment from any financial backers will help to speed the process of acceptance by Tribal Council.
- Refundable Deposit in the amount of $1,000 (one-thousand dollars); must be a bank check or money order. You will be given a receipt for this deposit from the WTGH(A).
- *Note that this deposit is refundable to any applicant whose business is not approved by Tribal Council.
For more information, or templates for any of the documents noted above, contact Barbara Spain: firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-645-9265 x109.
*** MORE INFO COMING SOON!! ***