Creating a Wampanoag Annotated Bibliography: What Resources Do You Have Available Regarding Wampanoag or Native Americans?
A Step-By-Step “How To”
1. Post a query about "Native Americans" in general, and about the "Wampanoag Tribe" specifically.
2. Review responses and bookmark the sites that look useful/promising.
3. Review books about Native Americans in your Media Center.
4. Search the catalogs of the libraries on the Cape and Islands. “Indians” works better as a search term than “Native Americans”. Search for books that would be useful at your library.
5. Order (or make note of) books to fill the gaps that exist in your schools collection.
6. The library media center, through MLIN, has access to a tremendous database, Infotrac that may be of help. The Boston Globe is also accessible going back to 1980.
7. Also look on this web site’s bibliography for suggestions for readings on Native Americans.
Resources for Step-by-Step
Infotrac — Database of Magazines