ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - HUMAN SERVICES
This position reports to the Director of Human Services and provides support to the department to meet internal and external organizational needs. He/she serves as the receptionist and maintains discretion, confidentiality and professionalism. The Administrative Assistant must be well-organized, detail oriented, highly motivated and results driven, keeping all filing systems, contracts event planning and billing up to date.
- Demonstrates and maintains the highest level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism related to departmental and client matters at all times.
- Establishes and maintains comprehensive filing system.
- Assists the staff with travel, (including driving tribal vehicles to transport tribal members to events), event planning and other projects as assigned.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies for programs, events and the office.
- Assists in the research, planning and booking for department activities. Including but not limited to Elder Luncheons, Youth Group andCommunity events and department meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining the department calendar.
- Provides support to the Director in preparation of grant applications, reporting, and budgeting.
- Responsible for preparing weekly billing for payment and keeping payment records and tracking receipts.
- Attends and takes notes at weekly departmental staff meetings.
- Responsible for keeping themselves knowledgeable and up-to-date on all programs and activities necessary to provide correct information to all inquiries.
- Exercises excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with all department vendors and contractors and responds to problems and issues as they arise.
- Prepares and processes all department contracts and keeps them up-to-date.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Director.
- Must pass a CORI background check and be fingerprinted.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrates written and oral communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Suite.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience working in an office environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 5 years’ working in an office environment with office management experience.
- Associates degree in Business, Communications, a Social Science or related field.
Training may be available for “qualified” candidates who do not possess all of the minimum qualifications. The applicability of this approach will be determined during the candidate interview process.
SALARY RANGE: $12.75 - $20.41 per hour