Natural Resources Department
This position reports to the Director and provides support to the department to meet internal and external organizational needs. He/she provides administrative support to the Director and Natural Resources Department staff in both the office and field when needed. The Administrative Assistant must be well-organized and detail oriented.
This position is supervised by the Natural Resources Director.
HOURS OF WORK
Part-time: 30 hours per week maximum
$12.26 - $19.63 per hour/$25,507 - $40,838
- Maintains comprehensive filing system.
- Assists the staff with projects and event planning events related to department goals and grant objectives.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining supplies for programs, events and the office.
- Responsible for professional correspondence with Tribal Members, vendors and contractors as assigned using electronic mail, Microsoft Word and related applications.
- Provides support to the Director in preparation of grant applications, reporting, and budgeting.
- Attends and takes notes at departmental staff meetings.
- Exercises excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must pass a complete background check.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Director.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrates strong written, oral communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Pro.
- 2 years’ experience working in an office environment.
- A Valid driver’s license in good standing.
Training may be available for “qualified” candidates who do not possess all of the minimum qualifications. The applicability of this approach will be determined during the candidate’s interview process.