The Bookkeeper works under the direction and supervision of the Finance Director, responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all transactions and financial reporting for assigned departments.
$36,305 - $40,838 ($17.45 - $19.63)
- Posting of all accounts payable transactions ensuring that the proper authorization is attached.
- Posting and payment of bills and credit card transactions.
- Processing all travel advances and travel reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate vendor information in the database of the Accounting system.
- Maintain complete and current vendor files ensuring that all contacts are up-to-date and include the appropriate 1099 information.
- Posting of all accounts receivable transactions ensuring that the proper authorizations and account designations are attached for all deposits, cash receipts and wire transfers.
- Producing invoices for all receivables and monitoring the collection of income on behalf of the Tribe.
- Complete monthly proof package ensuring reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations ensuring that all accounts balance to the bank and the general ledger.
- Assist the Finance Director in all preparation for annual audits and fiscal year end close out.
ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
- Three (3) years bookkeeping, accounting or financial experience, and office experience.
- Basic typing skills and knowledge of WORD and EXCEL.
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- Four (4) years bookkeeping, accounting or financial experience, and office experience.
- Non-Profit bookkeeping experience.