This position shall provide assistance with the implementation of the After School program and the Summer Turtle Program for Tribal youth. Additionally, the Education Department Assistant will assist with the management of the Tribal Store and the Tribal Library. The Education Department Assistant is also responsible for assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of filing and record keeping systems of The Education Department.
The Education Department Assistant will work under the supervision of the Education Director.
$25,507 – $40,838
- Assists in the scheduling of activities. Including but not limited to tutoring, enrichment presentations, daily activities and arranging travel plans/field trips.
- Assists in the ordering of supplies for all youth programs.
- Responsible for ordering, sales, inventory and maintenance of the Tribal Store.
- Assist interested patrons/students/researchers during the operating hours of the Tribal Library.
- Assists with maintaining all Education Department filing systems.
- Assist in all Education Department events such as the annual Graduation Luncheon, After School Program Christmas party and the Summer Turtle Program cook-out.
- Responds to requests and inquiries regarding Higher Education scholarships and Adult Vocational Training awards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year experience working with children’s programs.
- Basic Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Publisher).
- Must pass a complete Background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Associates Degree in Education, Business or related field.
- Knowledge of the history and culture of the Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah).
- Two years experience working in a professional office environment.
Training may be available for “qualified” candidates who do not possess all of the minimum qualifications. The applicability of this approach will be determined during the candidate’s interview process.