This is a part time position within the Natural Resources Department. Individual will perform a variety of land management activities that comply with management plans that were designed to maintain and enhance lands managed by the Natural Resources Department. This includes technical tasks associated with proper equipment maintenance, modification and repairs. This position is supervised by the Director of the Natural Resources Department.
$12.75 - $20.42 per hour
- Implements land management projects as assigned such as timber improvement, planting, brush removal, noxious weed management, trail maintenance, etc.
- Transports machinery/equipment to and from sites, and troubleshoots and makes repairs in the field.
- Modifies and fabricates equipment to fit the needs of the Department.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and minor repairs.
- Ability to perform manual labor including, lifting supplies and materials up to 50 lbs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- One year experience operate manual tools and automatic equipment used in the maintenance of natural resources areas;
- Knowledge of the procedures and safety standards required in the use of electrical and power equipment, chemicals, vehicles and trailers;
- Knowledge of facilities and equipment maintenance methods and procedures necessary to maintain functional facilities and safe equipment operation;
- Valid Massachusetts license to operate a motor vehicle.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years’ experience in basic welding, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, fencing, mechanical and road maintenance.
Training may be available for “qualified” candidates who do not possess all of the minimum qualifications. The applicability of this approach will be determined during the candidate interview process.