PROPERTY & SUPPLY AGENT - ADMINISTRATION
This position is responsible for the management of the property and supply system as adopted by the Tribe.
- Administer the Tribe's property and supply procedures system, including compliance with tribal and federal procurement standards, rules and regulations that pertain to various programs and operations.
- Will monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer funds identifying location and disposition of inventory.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and govermental rules affecting purchases and provide information about changes in rules and regulations to Tribal Council, staff and vendors.
- Compile information necessary to process orders for procurement of materials and services, and calculate costs of orders, approve bills for payment and forward invoices to accounts payable. Checks all invoices, receipts, purchase order and requisitions for accounts receivable before forwarding bills and invoices to the Finance Department.
- Order and receive all supplies including: obtaining quotes, ordering, receiving, shipping and completing requisitions, and compare supplier bills with purchase orders in order to verify accuracy when shipments arrive to ensure that orders have been properly filled and goods meet specifications.
- Conduct comparative analysis on pricing, specifications, verifying accuracy, terminology and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers. Track the status of requisitions orders and contracts, and serve as primary contact for questions and follow-up to suppliers in order to schedule, expedite deliveries or solve issues.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs and ordering more materials when necessary.
- Locate suppliers using a variety of sources available, gather information on products, maintain purchase orders, purchasing files and price lists and forward appropriate copies to suppliers and Tribal departments.
- Pursuant to the established Tribal travel policy, make travel arrangements and provide detailed itinerary for staff and Tribal Council members. This includes making registration, hotel, airfare, car rental, steamship arrangements, etc.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Three years' experience in an office environment.
- Knowledge of procurement policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with making of travel arrangements.
- Associate's Degree.
- Five years' experience in an office environment.
Training may be available for "qualified" candidates who do not possess all of the minimum qualifications. The applicability of this approach will be determined during the candidate interview process.
SALARY RANGE: $29,840 - $45,000 annual ($14.34 - $21.63 per hour)