RECEPTIONIST – ADMINISTRATION
This position reports to the Director of Office Management and performs general reception and clerical duties as required by the Administration of the Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah) and provides additional support as needed.
- Greets all visitors courteously, has them sign into the visitors log, determines their needs and directs them to the proper person and/or department.
- Operates the Tele-Communication System and ensures that all messages are delivered to the proper personnel.
- Keeps all Tribal personnel contact information on the Tele-Communication system updatesd; this includes posting office closures due to holidays.
- Answers all phone calls in an efficient and courteous manner and transfers calls as appropriate.
- Reads and clips all articles about the Tribe from magazines, newspapers and periodicals for archival purposes.
- Maintains the schedule for conference rooms.
- Records and posts leave time flr all employees on the master calendar.
- Pepares outgoing mail, distributes incoming mail, and disseminates faxes.
- Assists with the monitoring of, and notifications to, committee, board, and commission members when appointments are made and terms have expired. This also includes notifications to the unsuccessful applicants.
- Assist other departments with small projects as needed (i.e.: mass mailings, photocopying, making phone calls, etc.).
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Strong written and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills - application of Word and Excel.
- Strong typing skills.
- Basic understanding of office operations.
- Technical Job training course completion in office system management.
- Three years office environment experience.
Training may be available for “qualified” candidates who do not possess all of the minimum qualifications. The applicability of this approach will be determined during the candidate interview process.
SALARY RANGE: $18,250 - $27,500 annual ($8.77 - $13.22 per hour)