** NATURAL RESOURCES **
PROJECT: Redevelopment of the Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah) Website
The Tribe is currently accepting bids to provide website redevelopment services. The contractor would be responsible for:
- web design
- transferring all information on the current website to a web-based template
- formatting the new website for ease of internal editing
- training of staff in the use of the software/application for all website modifications
The Tribe will own the rights and content of the website and the contractor will be available for questions and troubleshooting of the website for a period of six (6) months after the website goes live. To view the current website, visit: http://www.wampanoagtribe.net
The contractor will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying the website from layout to functoin and according to the Tribe's specifications. The contractor will strive to create a visually appealing site that features user friendly design and clear navigation/ease of use. The contractor will work directly with Tribal Staff.
Bids will be reviewed as received until the appropriate candidate has been selected.
Submissions should be mailed, addressed as follows:
Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah)
ATTN: Website Redevelopment
20 Black Brook Road
Aquinnah, MA 02535
PROJECT: Restoration of Tidal Flows in Herring Creek
The Wampanoag Tribe is seeking proposals for the dredging of Herring Creek, located in Aquinnah, Massachusetts. The project is titled Restoration of Tidal Flows in Herring Creek. The contractor selected for this work will be utilized on an as-needed and scheduled basis and will be working with Davis-Bacon wage scales.
SCOPE OF WORK includes but is not limited to:
- The contractor shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local safety codes, regulations, legal requirements, permit conditions, etc.
- The contractor shall take adequate precautions to protect all walks, streets, pavements, highway guards, curbing, edging, trees, plantings, structures, pipes, etc. on or off the premises, and shall repair and replace or otherwise make good at his/her own expense as rquired by the engineer or owner any items damaged as a result of the contractor's work.
- The contractor shall dispose of all stumps, rubbish and debris in accordance with the specifications and all applicable codes and regulations. The contractor shall leave the project site in safe and clean condition upon completion of dredging operations.
- The contractor shall provide adequate bracing and shoring of excavations in accordance with the requirements of all governing codes and regulations.
- All surfaces disturbed by this work shall be restored to their original condition as detailed or as specified by the engineer.
- Dredging sequence shall be coordinated to miinimize disturbance of existing conditions and operations.
- Dredging shall take place within approved work windows.
- All necessary fees and permits shall be obtained and paid for by the contractor.
- Work shall comply with applicable municipal, state, and federal permis and requirements.
- The contractor shall provide erosion control measures, as specified on the drawings, and as required by the permits.
- Perimeter soil and erosion controls shall be placed prior to any construction activities. Contractor is to notify the engineer at least 48 hours prior to any construction activities. All soil and erosion controls shall be checked and repaired as necessary by the contractor.
- The contract shall provide supplemental erosion control measures in order to prevent off-site transport of earth, sediment and debris.
- All stockpile areas shall be surrounded by erosion control barriers until such time as the material is re-spread and stabilized or transported off site.
Complete Scope of Work available from the Natural Resources Department
Qualified and experienced individuals or firms must submit a sealed proposal. Work is to be completed on an hourly rate basis. All work must confirm to Davis-Bacon wage requirements. All proposals will be for the period of January 2, 2017 - January 30, 2018, unless expressly agreed upon by both parties. Proposals shall include:
- A fee schedule.
- A detailed estimate of hours required to address the needs identified in the Scope of Work.
- Estimated costs for all materials, equipment, and services required to perform such work.
The contractor will be responsible for providing all equipment necessary to complete the work. Should non customary administrative supplies be required to fulfill the project, markup on reimbursable supplies is not allowed due to the use of federal funds.
Work will commence at the earliest date possible after contract signature.
Bret Sterns, Natural Resources Director
CONTACT AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Requests for additional information may be made to the Wampanoag Natural Resources Department at (508) 645-9265 x 141. All proposals must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday December 1st, 2017 and may be mailed to: Natural Resources Department, 20 Black Brook Road, Aquinnah, MA 02535; faxed to 508 645-3790; or emailed to email@example.com.
Please label all proposals: “ATTN: Herring Creek RFP”. Bids will be reviewed at the Tribal administration building during regular work hours within five (5) days of the submission date. The funding for this project derives from a grant awarded to the Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah) form the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
The Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah) practices Indian Preference in the hiring and awarding of contracts.
** PLANNING **
Request for Proposals PLN2017-0011 Christiantown Chapel Restoration
The department is seeking a qualified and experienced carpenter to restore the interior and exterior of the Mayhew Chapel in West Tisbury. The scope of work includes replacing the siding, windows, exterior trim, entry door, ceiling, repairing the floor, painting, and other functions. Timeframe for completing the project is as soon as possible.
Please contact Grantsman/Planner, Durwood Vanderhoop at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-645-9265 x160 for questions about this opportunity.