SUMMER TURTLE PROGRAM COUNSELORS - EDUCATION
The Camp Counselors are responsible for supervising camp activities, planning, leading and implementing programs for children ages 5 – 12 from the Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah) day-to-day for the duration of the program, guiding campers in outdoor and indoor activities. The counselors will be responsible for general safety, skill achievement and growth of the children in their group. The Counselors will be working under the direct supervision of the Director of the Education Department.
- High School Diploma.
- Previous experience with school age children.
- Experience with children’s programs and or summer camps.
- Possess critical thinking and leadership skills.
- Be sensitive to and have interest in Wampanoag tradition, culture and history.
- Must pass background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related Human Service field.
- CPR Certification and or First Aid training.
- Red Cross lifeguard training and Certification.
- Expertise in instruction of any outdoor activities.
- Understanding of Early Childhood Development.
Please send or e-mail resume, one letter of recommendation, and cover letter by May 19, 2017 to:
Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah)
20 Black Brook Road
Aquinnah, MA 02535