WAMPANOAG TRIBE OFGAY HEAD (AQUINNAH)
20 Black Brook Road ~ Aquinnah, MA 02535
(508) 645-9265 ~(508) 645-3790 fax
FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
Steamship Authority Reduced Fare Program
The PlanningDepartment is pleased to share that Tribal Council and the Steamship Authority(SSA) have entered into an agreement that will allow all tribal members to takeadvantage of reduced vehicle fares for travel between Woods Hole and Martha’sVineyard. It is hoped that this discount will be a first step in making iteasier for off-island citizens to return to the Tribe’s homelands, and forisland citizens to access needed off-island resources. The discount will startout at 20%, and may be adjusted fromtime to time, depending on usage. In exchange for this consideration, the Tribehas provided the SSA $200,000 to be used for their general operations andmaintenance.
How to participate:
- Establish an SSA profile (if you don’t have an active one already). This can be done by phone (508-477-8600); in person at any SSA terminal; or online at www.steamshipauthority.com
- Complete the attached consent form and return it to the Wampanoag Planning Department. Please ensure that your consent form matches your SSA profile information. These can be dropped off at the Tribal Admin building, or mailed to:
c/o Planning Dept.
20 Black Brook Rd
Aquinnah, MA 02535
- The discount will be applied automatically at the time of purchase.
- Walk-on ticket purchases do not qualify for a discount at this time, except when done in conjunction with a vehicle reservation. This may change as the SSA expands their e-ticketing abilities.
The discount applies only to non-commercial vehicle fares.
The discount may change or expire in the future, depending on available funding.
All personal information provided by the SSA will be kept confidential.
Trip data will be used to tailor future transportation programming and discounts.
All year round fares, regardless of season, qualify for this program.
You can enroll at any time, but it may take up to two weeks for information to be forwarded to the SSA. Please enroll early to ensure that your purchases receive a discount.
Please be sure to fill out bothsides of the consent form and sign at the bottom.